Friday, January 27, 2006

Australia Day

It's Australia Day.
Or actually if you really want to honor Australia, I guess we should've posted this yesterday, eh? That way with the time change, we would really be celebrating at the same time.

I checked out my sis' site. (I was the one who reminded her!!) And what can I say? What did I do to honor today? Well, for the past week I've worn my g-string necklace off and on. Here's a typical conversation:

Guy: what's that around your neck?
Me: it's a g-string.
Guy: reeallly?
Me: yep. i got it from a friend.
Guy: oh??
Me: uh-huh. he gave it to me.
Guy: what??
Me: yeah, it snapped off his bass.
Guy: uh...
Me: i know it's incredible. bass guitar strings are really hard to break.

Taylor, you should feel pleased your legacy lives on. I wear it when I'm especially missing my Aussie mates.
Like this week.

5 comments:

Odysseus Snelling said...

Thanks Becky,
Makes myself and my guitars (Madelyne, Claudia and Danielle) feel special!!!

Della said...

*bwahahahahahahahaha*

*wipes laughter tears from eyes*

Oohhh that is classic! Thanks for sharing that *lol* It definitely made the afternoon, which has been dull and boring, so much more enjoyable :D

Altho it's time to go home soon... yay!

Brandon said...

I was somewhat scandelous and copied the idea - always paying homage to Becky and Taylor of course.

I made myself a g-string bracelet from a hallmate's old guitar strings.

Whenever lunch conversation at the caf is dull, I can always spice things up with a casual reference to wearing "Mike's old g-string"... :D

Anonymous said...

You guys do know that there are older adults who are reading this....right?

Scandilous...simply scandilous! ....:0


And ain't you the chip off the ol' block! :)

Dad

Brandon said...

That's what makes it so fun :)