Monday, February 06, 2006

Superbowl Seattle sadness

I'd rather play a sport than twiddle my thumbs watching a game. And when the Superbowl comes around, if I turn on the TV it's simply for the best-of-the-year commercials. But this year was a little different.

For the first time EVER the Seattle Seahawks went to the Superbowl! My team! Well sorta. I was excited 'cause a west coast city that I actually lived near had made it to the Superbowl!!
And they lost.
Horribly.
10-21.
Ikes.

Good news is, there was several close calls and almost touch-downs by Seattle....but that doesn't quite cut it in American football.

One of the amazing plays that I saw this game though, included a Seahawk with the football running for the end zone, getting flipped over the back of an opponent, and yet able to recover enough to keep running! Rock on!

So this Superbowl perhaps I care a little bit...

2 comments:

Brandon said...

I'm bummed too... If they had won, my grade in US History would have been boosted 1% at the end of the quarter :(

*sigh* if only the class had voted for the Steelers...

and I still don't think that first Steelers touchdown counted - the ball never crossed the goal line!

Becky Daniel said...

ah well.

for the most of the readers here actually...they won't care about this superbowl post. i mourn most of all, not because they don't obsess about football (no worries there), but that i should have something a little more of substance for the next post. and while i have ideas...i lack motivation. hmm.